Category Archives: Social Media Marketing
Posted by Social Media Second
You know that irritating feeling when your Facebook notification feed is clogged with game requests, virus videos / apps (like “See Who is Looking at Your Profile”), and notifications of things from long past?
If you have been through one holiday season as a member of Facebook, then you have probably received more game requests that Christmas cards!
It is so maddening for so many people that there are a series of memes going around and around based on the desperation to STOP the game requests.
Most of us have made the statement and carried through the process of deleting someone who WILL NOT quit sending game requests, opening virus spam videos/apps, or commenting on long-forgotten discussions.
But…there is hope for the masses in a few easy steps (works in most situations):
- Step 1: When you see a game request, unwanted video/app, or off topic comment in your notification feed, go to the right side of the request and find the small X that says TURN OFF when you mouse over.
- Step 2: Click the X to TURN OFF the notices.
- Step 3: This will prompt a confirmation that you want to TURN OFF notifications from that app/game or post you do not want to see. Click on the TURN OFF button.
- Step 4: REALLY IMPORTANT STEP – Some apps and videos are spam or viruses as they automatically send to your whole list of friends. Plus, as of now, it is not possible to see who has viewed your Facebook profile (after all, Facebook is NOT Linkedin!). If this notification falls into the spam category, then go ahead and click the link to REPORT THE APP FOR SPAM. This triggers a review by Facebook for removal from the platform. It is not an automatic removal. This only requests that Facebook review the content.
- Step 5 – Breath Easier and share this post. The friends you save might be your own!
ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA SECOND
Social Media Second, a division of Magic Marketing USA, has successfully launched business start-ups using social media and helped amplify growth for businesses seeking to jump to the next level of brand exposure, customer outreach, or sales using social media marketing.
Social Media Second would like to offer you our ebook, Social Media Dictionary: Social Media in Clear Terms, because we really believe in educating clients to make strong decisions. You can claim your free copy (and share it!) at www.socialmediasecond.com.
Join us in social media:
Posted by Social Media Second
Unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past few weeks, then you know two things.
First, this is totally about to happen……Super Bowl
Second, in the world of social media and marketing, two heavy weights went head-to-head with a clear loser!
While one, GoDaddy, decided to create an ad that enraged dog lovers and pet-friendly people across the country, Budweiser showed their chops as the King of Beers (and advertising) by doing what their audience loves best – good ole’ down home man, dog, horses, and beer.
As of this writing, Godaddy has received such an outpouring of hate posts on social media that they have apologized and pull the ad while Budweiser is the toast of beer towns everywhere.
Here…take a moment to compare the two efforts!
In the OH NO THEY DIDN’T CATEGORY!
Why? Cardinal rule – market to your audience. Most women buy beer for their house. If not women, then the next largest segment, MEN, buy beer for their house, at the bar, and everywhere else.
While dogs have always been a man’s best friend, showing the prized family puppy who is lost only to finally make his way home where he has been sold on a GoDaddy site…well, the anger was coming in 3…2….1….meltdown.
On the other hand, it fills Americans with pride to know that the stronger (horses) protect the smaller (puppy) and everyone is welcomed home in the end with a bath, food, and a beer! #BestBuds is a winner on all fronts!
A few quick marketing lessons from this throw down:
- Marketing Lesson #1 – In short, the truth is that humor can backfire on you in a heartbeat and cost thousands of dollars. Know your audience first…and then, know what they find funny. After all, you know what they say about assuming…yes, it waste a ton of money and you lose your audience.
- Marketing Lesson #2 – Make sure to check and double check with a marketing focus group if you are going to release a commercial before millions of people at the biggest sport event of the year.
- Marketing Lesson #3 – There are no hostages in social media…only casualties. Check and double check the pulse of the market before you step into the ring with the champ. If you are going to openly mock a brand that practically OWNS a medium, market, or segment, then you need to make sure you are target.
Enjoy the Super Bowl and let us know what you think are the best ads for 2015.