Category Archives: AdWords
Posted by marketinggoddess
Perhaps the most misunderstood value of social media is in its SEO functions. While there are tons of social media tools and sharing services on the web, the real tie-in between social media and SEO (search engine optimization) escapes many social media converts. As important as it is to interact with social media in ways that interest your niche market audience, it is vital to consider SEO issues at every step to get the most from your investment of time and money.
The goal of SEO is bringing valid traffic to your website or blog through search engine listings. If that gives you a “well…DUH” moment, realize that there are validating factors in that goal. For example, traffic needs to be niche enough to convert into viable leads or sales. So, let’s examine the topic of SEO just for a moment. There are a few primary tools of SEO including:
- SEO: Anyone who follows my blog and articles knows that strong organic SEO is the basis of any effort. By optimizing a website with good copy and valid keyword density in all the important places of a website, solid white hat search engine optimization is like a sturdy foundation to build a house. Organic SEO, although not a fast process, will save you time and money in the long run.
- Internet marketing: This category is often thought of as the most confusing form of SEO because it is paid advertising AND includes Google AdWords. It is a rarity, in all honesty, that Google makes anything easy. AdWords is not an exception. With the opportunity to expend large sums of money in a short amount of time without any viable return on investment, AdWords is not for the faint of heart without sound leadership. As I’ve said elsewhere, one of my favorite guides for navigating the rough waters of Google AdWords is AdWords University. With a clear methodology and concise terminology, it is easy to follow and create successful AdWords campaigns.
- Linking: Linking is the easiest SEO concept to increase website placement. In short, every website and blog listed in Google has a page ranking that ranges anywhere from 1 to 10. Most websites and blogs are listed very low in PageRank. After all, think about it…there are millions of website and blogs listed in Google. With several factors from the age of the site to content to SEO, the majority of the sites are not ranked well. By linking with highly ranked sites with common interests (this is vital!), websites and blogs can increase viable traffic through exposure and pull up search engine ranking through each spider crawl.
- Social Media: Whether tweeting on Twitter or friending on Facebook, social media is the must participate place for businesses seeking credible traffic and branding recognition. Many would say that social media does not help SEO. In truth, social media can provide tons of inbound, niche market traffic to a website or blog. Strong traffic leads to higher page ranking and more exposure. Remember our goal for SEO of gaining traffic and increasing conversions? This is the way!
- Analytics: Analytics is the least understood and possibly the most important tool in the online marketing toolbox. Here’s why. Let’s say you are completely focused on SEO, social media, you have a high-ROI AdWords campaign churning AND you are putting out lots of content on the web pointing to your product or service (for some of you niche bloggers out there, let’s say it’s your pure experienced opinion on your topic). How can you understand your traffic and predict what will create more traffic, how to focus that traffic more on people you want in your ideal captive audience, and generally create a more profitable website and business from what you do online? Google Analytics is a very low-cost, yet scalable solution that allows most businesses to get their feet wet and grow intelligently with the guidance of sound Analytics Concepts.
Admittedly, these are not all of the factors or considerations connected with good SEO practices; however, these are undisputably the touchstones for creating a formidable search engine optimized website or blog. While most of these techniques are used by professional SEO experts, like Mark Brimm at 123interface.com, a clear understanding of both the methodology and the meaning of measurement will certainly make hiring a qualified expert or embarking on the task yourself much easier a pill to swallow.
Posted by marketinggoddess
For many business owners, the very words “internet marketing” invokes enough fears to keep them from initiating any type of online advertising. What scares most people away from driving traffic to their website using Google AdWords is twofold.
First, it seems really difficult to understand the process of creating good AdWords campaigns. With steps and moving parts that require decisions about keywords, many business owners find it confusing to navigate the mine field of Google AdWords without the assistance of a seasoned SEM veteran.
The second issue is the very real concern about losing money with a poorly planned AdWords campaign. Needing guidance in understanding the best choices and measurements for a Google AdWords campaign, most people dip a toe into the deep waters of AdWords only to find the price tag is too high for poor conversion.
In reality, these are very valid considerations for internet marketing tools like Google AdWords. That is why AdWords University is one AdWords guide that is stellar in its sheer ease of understanding and topic depth. In plain English that makes the reader feel empowered with comprehension instead of burdened with technical talk, AdWords University brings Google AdWords to the masses with explanations defining the concepts of internet marketing, exploring methodologies for finding the best keywords, and creating a successful AdWords campaign.
Even further, AdWords University takes the additional steps of covering advanced techniques to manage AdWords campaigns to optimize the effectiveness of combined discussions on generating multiple AdWords campaigns for A/B testing purposes.
The value of AdWords University lies in the clear presentation of proven methods in creating an AdWords campaigns that manifest revenue producing traffic.